Tuesday, November 06, 2007

SuperMom

I have superhero powers. Not that it should come as a shock to anyone; all mom's possess superhero powers. However, my child truly thinks I have powers now.

Last night I informed Alanna that she would have to practice her karate before bed. She asked me how I would make her practice if she fell asleep before then. I replied that I had superhero mommy powers and could wake her up.

A little while later Alanna was hiding under a blanket to avoid going up to practice. I pulled the blanket back and yelled, 'Ah ha!!'

She looked astonished, "Mommy, is one of your powers the ability to see under blankets??" I told her it was.

After practicing for karate and putting her to bed, we heard this little voice from her room, "Mommy, can you see through walls?"

Taking this as a perfect opportunity, I promptly replied, "Yes. But Mommy can only see through walls when you're doing something you're not supposed to!" That should get me a year or two of good behavior until she catches on.

No comments:

Post a Comment