Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Camouflage

Last night Alanna asked if she could "pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassse" come in and snuggle in Mommy's bed. At the point she asked it was already about 30 minutes past her bedtime. I explained that no, she needed to stay in her bed but that we'd have lots of snuggle time in the coming days.

About 5 minutes later I went to use the bathroom and noticed on the floor of Alanna's bedroom a pink leopard printed blanket. Now this would not be so unusual were it not for the fact that it was covering a lump that looked about 2 feet tall. Again, could have been a large stuffed animal especially since Alanna's bedroom floor right now has many toys out and is due to be picked up. What caught my attention was that the pink leopard printed lump was stealthily moving towards the bedroom door.

I stood and observed the lump for a few seconds before stating, "Alanna, you really need to get in your bed and go to sleep now."

The lump stopped and there was no movement for a moment before it spoke, "But, Mommy! You can't see me! I'm CAMOUFLAGED!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment