Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Saved by Princess Alanna

Alanna's not really a morning person...well at least not 75% of the mornings. We try to distract her in the morning to entice her out of bed. For example, this morning I woke her up by asking her if she'd like to help feed the kitties. She said, "Yes! I do it all by myself!" and sprang out of bed. Keeping her going can also be a challenge. If she's not engaged she'll decide that she doesn't want to go to daycare and wants to go back to bed.

This morning Jeb pretended to be an ogre while getting her dressed...attacking her feet and talking in a big ogre voice. She ran out of the bedroom giggling after she was dressed and I called out, "Oh no! Did you turn that ogre back into Daddy?" Jeb proceeded to do the ogre voice while coming into the bathroom where I was to finish getting ready. I called out again, "Alanna, I need you to save me from the ogre and turn him back into Daddy! Get your magic wand!!"

About a minute later Alanna showed up not only with her magic wand but also her princess hat from the renaissance festival on her head. She waved the wand and exclaimed, "Daddy, you're a daddy not an ogre!"

Phew, saved. My only concern is that she took the time to accessorize before saving me. I guess a girl has to have her priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment