Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another Milestone

Looks like Alanna is about ready to lose her first tooth. She was thrilled this morning to show me her "wiggly" front bottom tooth. The new tooth has already started to erupt behind it (called shark's teeth) and I'm guessing from the amount Alanna was fiddling with the tooth this morning that the Tooth Fairy will be visiting perhaps before her birthday.

There's a tooth chart in her classroom and she can hardly wait to see her name on the chart not to mention the "big girl" factor involved in losing her first tooth. I think she was standing about a foot taller this morning from all the pride and excitement.

The tooth fairy had to make a visit to the bank today over lunch to pick up some of the new Presidential Dollar coins which is what daddy would like the fairy to leave for the teeth going forward. Mommy's going to make sure the fairy also leaves a crisp dollar bill too since I'm sure she'll actually want to spend it and then she can start collecting the dollar coins as she loses teeth. For the first tooth since it is extra special, the fairy is giving her a little pair of butterfly earrings.

3 comments:

  1. What a nice tooth fairy! Did I tell you that I had my last wisdom tooth out? What do you suppose the tooth fairy would leave me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...and then she can start collecting the dollar coins as she loses teeth."

    Does she have enough teeth to earn the full set? Or is she gonna hafta take up hockey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..good point. The dates have been released for 38 of the dollars through 2016. I'm presuming it won't take until 2016 (14 years old) for her to lose her teeth, so I'm sure there will have to be a contingency plan of some sort.

    ReplyDelete