Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Where do they get these ideas????

So, Sunday I was trying to get a few things done downstairs and watching Alanna at the same time. She darted off for a moment from where she had been coloring next to my computer desk. It got too quiet....a mom instinctively knows when it's too quiet. Too quiet means something is going on that shouldn't be. All of a sudden I hear this "splish splish". My immediate reaction is to stand up and say, "Alanna get out of the toilet." She's been helping a lot around the house lately and really enjoys it, even saying "I help!" When we clean the bathroom, she likes to help scrub the toilet with the scrubbie thing so I figured she had the handle in there again (the scrubbies are flushable so there wasn't one on it).

I round the corner and she comes running out gleefully with this guilty smile on her face. She had DIPPED HER HEAD IN THE TOILET!!!! Ok, I admit it--I laughed, a lot. I tried really really hard to keep a straight face, but my god the child had given herself a swirly!

It's truly not funny, it's actually rather dangerous. I dried off her head and turned to tell Jeb what had happened. She spins around runs back into the bathroom, splish, and comes out again with wet hair dripping in her face from toilet water. This time, I did not laugh, but explained that we don't put our heads in the toilet and dried her off again.

Next came the trip to Target to pick up the toilet locks. They're these suction things you put on the back of the toilet with this plastic arm that swings over and holds the lid down when the toilet is not in use. The package is what really got me though...It said that the toilet lock will keep out kids, pets, and toys. My question is this: If the kids and pets are not playing in the toilet, how do the toys get in there? I had this visual of the toys from Toy Story playing in my toilet... a little diving board...ok maybe my imagination is a wee bit too active.

No comments:

Post a Comment