Monday, March 07, 2005

Belly Jeans

Someone has introduced my daughter to jelly beans. I know this because I went to Target this weekend to get some Easter basket goodies. When I came home, before I could shuffle the bags and tuck away all of the goodies, Alanna had already dug in and pulled out a bag of jelly beans. She held them up to me triumphantly and exclaimed, "Belly Jeans!!!". Now, I know she's never had jelly beans in our house, so that leaves several potential suspects:
Woogie
Daycare
Grandma Jackie

Hmm.....

I must admit, "belly jeans" was hysterical and really really cute. She is now just calling them "beans", but she's pretty possessive of them. We had to put some in a little bowl because she refused to let anyone near the large bowl of them. I have all of the other treats tucked away so the Easter Bunny can fill some plastic eggs and hide them in a couple weeks.

A disturbing thought just ran through my head. Thank goodness she's two and saying "belly jeans" in reference to candy and not 16 and saying it as something that she plans on wearing out of the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment