Thursday, March 24, 2005

Where does it come from?

I'm going to have to have a discussion soon that I never thought I'd really have to have. I think in parenting there are a lot of those types of discussions that hit your radar just before they're going to happen.

Alanna knows that milk is somehow related to cows. She knows that eggs are somehow related to chickens. As far as the exact relationship, we haven't had to breach that YET. But, I'm feeling that the age of questioning is nearing.

This morning when I was making my sandwich, she wanted some. So I said bologna? And she said, Yes! So I gave her a piece which she promptly called, "pony". I corrected her and explained it was "bologna" not "pony". But then I got to thinking. Sooner or later I'm going to have to explain where meat comes from and the exact relationship on the milk and eggs thing.

This is the phase where you could really do some damage to your child. I remember thinking horseradish came from horses for the longest time and it really messed up my head......

No comments:

Post a Comment