Monday, March 14, 2005

Stretched Pennies

I was reading something somewhere...I think it may have been Reader's Digest, about how those stretched pennies you can get in machines at different tourist attractions make great collectibles for children. We took Alanna to the Children's Museum on Saturday and they had one of those machines there. For $.51 you can get a penny stretched out and stamped with the logo of your choices and the words "Minnesota Children's Museum".

I got her one with a dragon breathing fire because they have a really neat Castle activity display there right now that she just loves. Then I put it into her little dragon trinket box on her dresser. I agree with the article, these will make nice, inexpensive, fun, space conservative collectibles.

So, if you're somewhere with a $.51 penny stretching machine and feel like getting one for Alanna, I'm sure she'd love it. She's just infatuated with coins and the designs on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment